|Opportunity for Employment – Clerical Assistants in IOWA
In partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), ELYON International is recruiting for Program Assistants in the State of Missouri. The ELYON Program Assistants will be an integral part of the NRCS Team and provide support for a variety of programs, projects and special tasks. Duties of this position will include but not be limited to:
· Assisting NRCS staff with program documentation and administration, including but not limited to preparing and processing documents and correspondence, checking documents for accuracy and completeness, gathering information, reconciling payment documents, recording data, establishing and maintaining files, and transmitting information.
· Utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications and small office machines, to include agency specific software such as Pro Tracts, Toolkit and locally developed Excel databases to extract information needed to develop reports related to scheduling, program tracking, and balancing of funds committed and expended.
· Some interaction with the general public in an office setting. Will work directly with conservation partners, program technicians in the Farm Service Agency, and NRCS Area Office personnel to obtain clarification on policy issues. Provides a variety of information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and eligibility requirements and guidance on completion of required program applications.
· Reviewing applications for Farm Bill programs. Ensures required information and forms are present and gathers items that are missing to create a complete application package. Determines that correct signatures are in place on applications in accordance with policy. Makes recommendations regarding program eligibility.
· Notifying the appropriate Field Office of identified problems with Farm Bill contracts, such as adverse actions.
· Processing contract documents and actions for approved contracts. Monitors and tracks commencement and expiration of contracts, contracts behind schedule, and contracts that have not completed a practice in the first year and prepares modification, termination, waiver, and annual practice reminder letters for signature. Processes annual contract reviews and various
audits. Prepares documents for contract appeals and assists with open obligation audits. Monitors payment error rates and works to eliminate them.
· Makes contact with landowners and operators, assigned by the District Conservationist as a result of a request for application assistance.
· Provides general information to clients about agency technical and financial assistance available.
· Develops and maintains data for records and reports in connection with both planning and application work including progress reporting. Assists the district conservationist in preparing reports.
· Performs duties in a manner which actively support civil rights policies regarding personnel rules and regulations and delivery of NRCS programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or mental or physical handicap.
All work shall be completed in accordance with NRCS policies, procedures and the Field Office
Technical Guide (FOTG) requirements.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Personable and easy to work with
• Proficient in word processing
• Knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications, such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
• Able to use e-mail and internet browsers
• Knowledgeable and experienced in operating small office machines, such as calculators, fax machines, and copy machines;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in general office procedures, such as preparing reports, spreadsheets, and filing
• Skillful in working with the general public
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team
Associates degree or equivalent desired but not required
All employees will have to pass background and reference checks.
A valid driver’s license and clean DMV record are required.
Standard work hours will be Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm. Modifications to this standard schedule will be considered on a case by case basis.
Salary: $11-12 per hour
The following benefits will be included as part of this position:
Medical and Dental
Ten paid federal holidays
1 week of sick leave
2 weeks’ vacation after 1 year
ELYON International – Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is ELYON International’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, religion, color, sex, disability, age, or marital status. All employees shall be treated equally with respect to, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotions, layoff recalls, training, transfers, training, and other benefits.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume to: